2017-08-30 Blogging Anniversary

I started blogging three years ago this week.
Technically, it isn’t 3 years to the day. I started on August 27 (https://jakehennett.wordpress.com/2014/11/06/words-on-wednesday-august-27-2014/), but considering this is Words on *Wednesday*, I figured it best to mark the date as the last Wednesday in August. Inevitably, there will be a few years where the last Wednesday in August will fall on the 27th again, but that won’t be every year.
At this point, I don’t really know if it feels like I’ve been blogging for longer or shorter than 3 years. When I think about starting, I remember myself in college, but I had been finished with school for a year before I started. Logically, that would also put my start before getting married, but I got married a few months before then. It’s like I don’t remember a time when I didn’t keep a blog, but it truly wasn’t that long ago when I started.
Obviously, I plan on continuing the blog for as long as I can. I’ve still got quite a few finished posts banked up, just in case I don’t have time to write one any given week. Not only that, but I’ve got a number of topics for inspiration on new posts. Specifically, I feel like the video game reviews that I’ve started doing lately are particularly well received. Considering how many video games I’ve beaten in my life, I could probably spend a year doing just those (although I won’t).
All in all, I think my blog has mostly found its stride. There are few changes week to week, and I finally got everything synced up to spit out posts to all my social media feeds automatically. When I write a post that would fit in a specific subreddit, I’ll post it manually there, but I don’t think there’s a good way to automate reddit posts.

I’ll probably continue to make a post on the last Wednesday of August each year, just to do a state of the web sort of update. Talk about any big changes recently, or anything planned for the future. That is, if I’m even still doing it. Probably will be, but you never know, stuff may come up and I have to stop. It’s been a fun 3 years, and here’s to hopefully many more.

Comments