Thirsty Thursday Eve

I’m considering a new blog segment about all things alcohol. The name: Thirsty Thursday Eve. You know, because it’s a Wednesday thing, and Thirsty Thursday is when people drink? Whatever, I thought it was good.

This is a culmination of a few different ideas I’ve had over the years. A while back, I thought of doing something for “the economic alcoholic” or how to be frugal with your drinks. Recently, I considered that I should start recording and reviewing various beers that I try, since the selection at Ingles swaps around so much that I rarely remember what all I’ve had. In short, Thirsty Thursday Eve would be an umbrella that all of these topics fall under. Plus, it would post on the day before Thursday, so people can take my advice into consideration for their weekly ethanol-related rituals.

At present, this would consist of a number of different things. Reviews on various drinks, including beers, spirits, and mixed beverages. For new concoctions that I discover or create on my own, I may write up recipes. If I find stellar deals on drinks (looking at you, Kirkland Signature Spiced Rum), I may discuss those here. Again, this is anything alcohol related. If anybody has recommendations for specific products, or even ideas about what I could discuss, feel free to drop those in the comments or shoot me a private message. I’d like to evolve this into something regular.

Maybe it will pan out. Maybe it dies before it ever really gets off the ground. I figured it can’t hurt to throw the idea out and judge interest. Everybody has different tastes, and I think it would be nice to get discussion going about what different people like.

I was initially hesitant about posting this sort of thing on my blog. What about my public image? What about family and fellow church members that may have less favorable views on alcohol? But then I decided that it doesn’t concern any of you. It isn’t exactly private that I do drink on occasion. I even make a post about a certain alcoholic beverage a while back. I do this in my own home, where my bills are paid, and my family is taken care of. If alcohol were to become a problem for me, I would hope that somebody would call me out on that before it causes major issues. I do realize that alcoholism can wreck lives if left unchecked. However, if you have a problem with me enjoying an alcoholic beverage on occasion, and kept within a reasonable number… I don’t care. What I do in the privacy of my house is none of your concern.

Comments