2017-12-20 Christmas

I really wanted to write up some big post about Christmas, but… I’ll be honest. It’s not going to happen.

This whole “Year of the Dates” initiative I took with Words On Wednesday was almost geared specifically toward Christmas. It’s my favorite holiday, and obviously the one that I would speak the most about. Unfortunately, I am just so spent, I can’t even be bothered to write up a discussion of why I like Christmas so much, or talk about our family traditions.

So far, this term of school has been just the worst. I realize that it’s only my second term at SNHU, but the stark contrast between my first class and this one is just baffling. At this point, I’m just hanging on until the end of the term. As the adage goes, “C’s get degrees.” If I can pass, whatever. I’ll get my reimbursement check from work and continue onto the next class.

Shopping is awful anyway, but the fact that we’ve had to do every bit of shopping for basically entire family for our kids is so frustrating. I don’t mind buying gifts for them because Christmas should be magical for kids, but buying presents for them from so many different people, and having to keep up with who “purchased” what, and then wrapping every single present is just so taxing. If you want to get my kids something for Christmas, then YOU do it. Don’t rely on me to do it and then just pay me the money back. I hate shopping.

On top of everything else, I’ve been so slack on my freelance writing. I keep one client active, just to keep a steady stream of work, and at the same time not overload myself. But I’ve neglected him week after week just because school deadlines are so tight and I don’t have much free time to catch up on those articles. Fortunately, he’s a cool guy and understands that I have other stuff to do, but it would be nice if I could stay on top of his articles better than I do.

I’m not one who stresses much, but I’m just so done with everything going on right now. So no, I don’t plan on writing about Christmas. I’m not going to include any pictures with witty captions. I’m just going to enjoy time with my family, eat a lot of food, and open presents. I wish you and yours the best, and I hope that you all take time to appreciate the company of those close to you this weekend. Merry Christmas, everybody.

Comments