Another Break in Blogging

My posts have been mostly consistent lately, but I’m afraid that probably won’t last much longer.

Confession, I’ve been writing a bunch while working my notice at Michelin. I was still satisfying my job requirements, but naturally I had less work to do while I was wrapping up my time with the company. As such, I had a pretty good amount of time available for other things. Days when I was in the office, I couldn’t do any work around the house, but I could still write.

So I wrote, and I wrote, and I wrote. Pretty much everything posted between September 2021 and now was composed during that window. But I had the opportunity, so why not? Problem is, I’m writing this on my last day with Michelin. I start my new job on Tuesday. I can’t know how much spare time I’ll have with the new job, but I have to assume it won’t be as much as I have right now.

Given the situation, I’m expecting I’ll slow or even stop posting again very quickly. I didn’t post at all between December 2020 and June 2021. Maybe the break won’t be that long or that empty, but it could be. I’ll write as I have time, but it certainly won’t be the capacity that I have right now.

When the posts stop coming, I’m not quitting. I just have other things on my plate. The new job seems like a really good opportunity for me, and I want to maximize that. Plus, I’m hoping by this point that I’m hitting school pretty hard and working toward that master’s degree.

Blogging is still a hobby of mine, and I still write when I can. You can’t get rid of me that easily.

Comments