Thirsty Thursday Eve - Andygator

I love a good bock, and I am always super excited to find a new one.


Name: Andygator
Source: Abita
Style: Helles Doppelbock
ABV: 8.0%
IBU: 25
Price: $12 per pack ($2 per bottle)

My wife and I went to The Lost Cajun for a date night a few months ago. Our dates usually consist of going to a restaurant that our kids would never consider eating from, and maybe having a few drinks while we’re there. I didn’t plan on drinking that evening, but I saw that they had a doppelbock on the beer menu. Given how uncommon of a brew that is, and how much I tend to like them, I had to try it.


The waitress brought out a bottle, and the first sip was just as good as I hoped. I didn’t plan on getting more there, because I hate paying restaurant prices, but I had to have some for home. I looked up where it was available in stores, and the only place around me seemed to be The Lost Cajun. Unfortunate that it wasn’t in a grocery store somewhere, but hey, at least I was in the place where I could get more.

One neat thing that The Lost Cajun offers is a custom 6 pack of anything they have for $12 flat. Where a single Andygator was maybe $5, the 6 pack put them at $2 each. But, could I get JUST Andygator in the 6 pack? I wasn’t interested in anything else they had on the beer menu, honestly. I just wanted more of that malty deliciousness to take home with me.

I asked the waitress if I could do all 6 Andygator, and she said that was fine. What’s more, she offered to take the one that I had out of the price of that 6 pack. Instead of paying $5 or so for one, then $12 for another 6, I just paid $12 total and brought 5 home with me. Given how good the beer and the food already was, that level of service was just the icing on the cake.

If you like malty beer, go try an Andygator. Even if you don’t like beer at all, go to The Lost Cajun just for the food and the service. It was a fantastic experience, and we’ll definitely be back.

Comments