GoPro Video Delay

If you look at my GoPro playlist on YouTube, you’ll notice that I haven’t added a new video since 23 June 2017. Honestly, I find that a little depressing and frustrating.


It isn’t that I haven’t wanted to add new videos, or even that I haven’t recorded footage to make new videos. It’s that I just haven’t had time to edit them together. Between work, school, raising kids, and writing articles for my side gig, I really don’t have time to sit down and create a video. Looking back, I sound like a broken record because I’ve mentioned not having enough time to make videos before. Still, as much as I love creating content, I have much bigger priorities at the moment.

In addition to my lack of time to work with videos, I also don’t have time to learn a new editing software right now. Microsoft discontinued Windows Movie Maker, and if I’m going to learn a new editing software, I may as well go with what a lot of videographers use with DaVinci Resolve. The problem is that DaVinci has a notoriously difficult learning curve, and I don’t exactly have the time to play around with it and figure out how everything works. Until then, why bother making videos that I know could be better with a little more practice?

For now, I don’t expect to have time to edit videos any time soon. But, I also don’t want the next few months/years to pass me by without even recording them. Tentatively, my plan is to keep shooting videos that I would want to edit, pulling them off into dated folders, and maybe labeling them if I just have some free time. As for actually editing together videos, I’m hoping to create a bunch of them with all of my footage after I finish school in early 2020. By then, the kids should require a little less immediate care, I’ll have 1 less thing on my plate, and I should have some time to play around with my footage and actually learn how to use DaVinci Resolve or some other video editor.

So just know, I haven’t hung up the GoPro for good. If anything, I have bigger plans for it than I did before. I just don’t have the time right now to really do with it what I want to. Once I get the opportunity to learn a new editing software and go through my vast archives of videos, I should start putting out new videos again. There will be plenty of lake, river, trampoline park, and martial arts videos incoming. Just you wait.

Comments